At 23:04:21 UTC today at a depth of 33 kilometers, an earthquake struck the Solomon Islands, known as a very active quake zone.
A 6.8 magnitude earthquake rocked the Solomon Islands today west of Solomon Islands today, around 71 kilometers away from Kirakira, capital of Makira-Ulawa Province.
There have been no reports of injuries or damages yet, and no tsunami warning was issued.
• 71 km (44 mi) W of Kirakira, Solomon Islands
• 177 km (109 mi) SE of Honiara, Solomon Islands
• 780 km (483 mi) SE of Arawa, Papua New Guinea
• 858 km (531 mi) NW of Luganville, Vanuatu
• 1115 km (691 mi) NW of Port-Vila, Vanuatu