St. Croix: Official Hurricane Maria Update
• Divi Carina Bay Beach Resort & Casino guests and staff are safe, the power never went out at the resort, but the grounds did sustain some damage from Hurricane Maria’s heavy rain and wind. Currently assessing the situation to determine next steps in the recovery process.
• Caravelle Hotel & Casino received ground floor flooding and some damage, which is currently being assessed. The hotel is operational as no rooms were flooded. No online bookings are available at this time, so travelers must call the hotel. The hotel will be accommodating relief workers shortly and will provide an update when it will be accepting additional guests.
• Hotel on the Cay survived Hurricane Maria will be accommodating first responders and Air National Guard who are assisting the island’s recovery. Guests are asked to check back for reservations beyond the next 30 days.
• The Buccaneer has been spared major damage. Guests and staff are safe.
• Sand Castle On The Beach most of the structures suffered only minor damage and cleanup is underway. No accepting reservations until essential services are restored.
Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) has activated its CTO Relief Fund (a 501 (c) 3) through GoFundMe to help families and countries rebuild after hurricanes, with monies raided being sent directly to CTO-member destinations affected by the catastrophic storm. For more information on CTO’s Relief Fund or to make a donation, visit www.gofundme.com/hurricane-relief-fund-cto.
The latest location, projected path of Hurricane Maria and warnings/watches can be viewed on the National Hurricane Center.