WASHINGTON, DC – Shimmers of gold sequins and flashes of turquoise will be in the air as Madame Tussauds Washington, DC welcomes the traveling Bollywood Figures Exhibit. Beginning on March 28th the figures of Bollywood superstars Shah Rukh Kha, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan will join the wax likeness of Beyonce and Jimmy Fallon in the Nation’s capital. The vibrant exhibit, which features incredibly lifelike wax figures of these Hindi cinema legends, will be on display at Madame Tussauds through September 2016.
A team of studio artists from Madame Tussauds referred to countless images and videos, capturing hair and eye color, skin tone, and facial structure in order to create identical replicas of each Bollywood film star. Since the figures were individually launched, they have been traveling across the world visiting Madame Tussauds locations including London and New York. The figures arrive in the Nation’s capital after this weekend’s Holi Festival, the Indian’s culture celebration of spring, also known as the festival of colors.
Each incredibly lifelike figure is outfitted in attire that matches their likeness’ unique and individual style:
• Shah Rukh Khan, one of Bollywood’s most renowned actors, often referred to as “King Khan” is dressed to impress, styled in a black tuxedo identical to what he wore to the 5th International Rome Film Festival in 2010.
• Aishwarya Rai, one of the leading contemporary actresses of Indian cinema who was featured in the blockbuster action thriller Dhoom 2, looks gorgeous in a lilac gown recreated after her appearance at Cannes in 2010.
• Kareena Kapoor, who is noted for her performances across a range of film genres, from romantic dramas and comedies to independent films and major Bollywood productions is adorned in a black embellished dress which was donated by Ms. Kapoor when she first met with Madame Tussauds artists.
• Amitabh Bachchan, regarded as one of the greatest and most influential actors in the history of Indian cinema, is seen in a traditional velvet dress-coat similar to the actor’s attire at Salon du cinema at the Grand Halle de la Villete in 2009.
• Hrithik Roshan, a heartthrob and an acclaimed actor is the recipient of numerous Best Actor awards. Showcasing an incredible set of abs, Roshan’s figure is dressed in faded jeans and a unbuttoned sleeveless red shirt, items which were donated by the actor himself.
Madame Tussauds, Washington DC is thrilled for its visitors to see the traveling Bollywood set before they continue their worldwide tour later this summer. To participate in the conversation on social media, be sure to @DCWax and use #MTDCBollywood.