The World Tourism Network research team named ten additional hotels to fall to be “amazing.”
What does it take for a hotel to be amazing?
It’s not the stars but the uniqueness and how an amazing hotel can distinguish itself from mainstream properties in the same categories.
Based on this philosophy, the following ten hotels are amazing, and there will be more to be added.
The amazing part is based on the hotel’s structure, not necessarily the service. A different study will reveal the most amazing hotels regarding service and hospitality.
The ten most unique hotels today are amazing
- Emirates Palace Hotel, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: This luxurious hotel is known for its stunning architecture and opulent interiors. It offers lavish accommodations, private beaches, a marina, and many upscale amenities.
- Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Shaped like a sail and located on its own island, this iconic hotel symbolizes luxury and grandeur. It boasts extravagant suites, world-class dining options, and unparalleled views of the Arabian Gulf.
- The Plaza, New York City, USA: Situated at the heart of Manhattan, The Plaza is a historic hotel known for its timeless elegance. It has been a celebrity favorite and offers luxurious rooms, fine dining, and a legendary afternoon tea.
- Marina Bay Sands, Singapore: This iconic hotel features a distinctive boat-shaped rooftop with a stunning infinity pool and panoramic city skyline views. It also houses a large casino, luxury shopping, and a variety of dining options.
- Ashford Castle, County Mayo, Ireland: Nestled in a picturesque setting, Ashford Castle is a medieval castle turned luxury hotel. It offers elegant rooms, fine dining, a spa, and various outdoor activities like fishing and falconry.
- Amangiri, Utah, USA: Located in the heart of the desert, Amangiri is a remote luxury resort known for its minimalist architecture that blends seamlessly with the natural landscape. It offers spacious suites, a world-class spa, and access to nearby national parks.
- Fogo Island Inn, Newfoundland, Canada: This unique hotel is perched on the rugged coastline of Fogo Island and offers breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. It features contemporary design, locally sourced cuisine, and a strong focus on sustainability.
- Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur, India: This stunning white marble palace hotel is a romantic retreat in the middle of Lake Pichola. It offers luxurious rooms, royal hospitality, and enchanting lake and city views.
- Singita Lebombo Lodge, Kruger National Park, South Africa: This exclusive safari lodge provides an immersive wilderness experience in one of Africa’s premier game reserves. It offers luxurious accommodations, exceptional wildlife sightings, and world-class cuisine.
- Icehotel, Jukkasjärvi, Sweden: This unique hotel is built entirely from ice and snow and is reconstructed annually. Guests can sleep in ice rooms or opt for warm accommodations and enjoy ice sculpting, dog sledding, and the magical Northern Lights.
For the eTurboNews publisher, the Grand Hyatt in Dubai is still in its own league.