After successfully hosting more than 2,000 travel advisors over 200 events, Back to the Beach, the innovative on-resort travel advisor training program, is gearing up for a momentous fall and winter selling season with a new set of events planned through Q3 2023.
“Back to the Beach has evolved into an immersive program that helps prepare the travel advisor community for tomorrow’s modern travelers, from expansive social media modules to product development training and relationship development with their BDMs,” said Gary C. Sadler, Executive Vice President of Sales and Industry Relations for Unique Vacations, Inc. (UVI), an affiliate of the worldwide representative of Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts. “Travel advisors play a critical role in bringing visitors to the Caribbean and we’re giving them all the tools they need as we champion for their success.”
Hosted by UVI executives and regional BDMs, Back to the Beach was originally created to engage and bring advisors back to the Caribbean luxury resort portfolio following the pandemic and now serves as an opportunity for deep immersion into the resort product and the latest trends in travel marketing. Recent events, which brought more than 50 advisors to Beaches Turks & Caicos in May in honor of Global Travel Advisor Day and over 50 travel advisors and the Deputy Prime Minister of the Bahamas, The Honourable I. Chester Cooper, to Sandals Emerald Bay this week for the 50th anniversary of Bahamian Independence, have honed in on sharpening social media skills. From quick tips and tricks on social platforms and the importance of setting social marketing plans to capturing content and driving engagement, BDM Ashley Kooker and UVI’s Manager of Training Development, Joe Vanderhoff led travel advisors through a comprehensive social journey, with the goal for each attendee to earn five new bookings via their own social platforms. The travel advisor with the top bookings from the trip was awarded for their efforts with a three-night stay to any Sandals Resorts or Beaches Resorts.
In addition to sales and training modules, advisors also had an opportunity to engage with the brands’ philanthropic arm, the non-profit Sandals Foundation, bringing needed school supplies to support local community efforts. Through the Sandals Foundation initiative, Pack for a Purpose, advisors met and exceeded a goal of bringing 50 pounds of supplies in honor of The Bahamas’ anniversary year.
Upcoming Back to the Beach events include:
- July 14, Sandals Emerald Bay, Central + East Tennessee region
- July 17, Sandals Emerald Bay, Texas region
- July 17, Sandals Royal Bahamian, Wisconsin region
- July 28, Sandals Grenada, Mississippi + Louisiana region
- July 29, Sandals Ochi, Minnesota + North Dakota region
- July 30, Sandals Ochi, Eastern Pennsylvania region
- August 19, Sandals Grenada, North Georgia region
- August 25, Sandals Whitehouse, Upstate New York region
- August 26, Sandals Grande Antigua, Wisconsin region
- August 27, Sandals Royal Bahamian, North New Jersey region
- September 11, Beaches Negril, Long Island/Queens region
- September 16, Beaches Turks & Caicos, North Georgia region
- September 26, Beaches Turks & Caicos, Massachusetts region
- September 28, Sandals Ochi, Iowa + South Dakota region
Additional events for Q4 2023 will be announced in the coming months. In order to attend, advisors must be Sandals Elite Advisors and have a marketing plan in place with established booking goals. With limited space and tremendous interest, BDMs hand select attendees based on advisors’ commitment and dedication to promoting the Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts brands. For more information on Back to the Beach or to join any upcoming events, contact your local BDM or visit https://taportal.sandals.com.