The Americas Incentive, Business Travel & Meetings Exhibition (AIBTM) has finalized a key session at its annual show where the “Meetings Mean Business Coalition” – a group of senior officials from the meetings, events, and travel industry – will participate in a panel discussion highlighting industry trends and initiatives to educate the public and private sector on the economic and social benefits of meetings, conferences, and incentive travel and trade shows. The high-level panel will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. on Wednesday, June 11 in the Chapin Theater at the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) and is open to all attendees of AIBTM 2014.
“The Meetings Mean Business Coalition” was launched in 2009 by top meetings and events executives in the U.S. to raise awareness to the value of in-person meetings and trade shows that create personal connections, drive positive business outcomes, and create jobs and generate revenue locally.
“The Meetings Mean Business Coalition has been instrumental in proving that business is still done best when people come together face-to-face,” said Michael Lyons, Exhibition Director of AIBTM. “Since its formation, the coalition has served as a significant source of insights on the meetings industry.”
The “Meetings Mean Business @AIBTM” panel is comprised of high-level officials from many of the most prominent organizations in the meetings and events industry including:
– Hilton Worldwide Senior VP of Group Sales and Industry Relations as well as co-chair of Meetings Mean Business Coalition Larry Luteran
– Visit Orlando President and CEO George Aguel
– U.S. Travel Association President and CEO Roger Dow
– American Society for Association Executives President and CEO John Graham
– Site Global Chief Staff Officer Kevin Hinton
– International Association of Events & Exhibitions President and CEO David DuBois
– Professional Convention Management Association President and CEO Deborah Sexton
– Meeting Professionals International President and CEO Paul Van Deventer
“Each participant in the ‘Meetings Mean Business @AIBTM’ panel has a unique perspective on the industry that will be of value to every AIBTM attendee,” said Michael Lyons.