What are the worst paying jobs in America for women? 24/7 Wall St. reviewed female weekly earnings as a percentage of male weekly earnings in full-time wage and salary jobs using data from the Bureau of Labor statistics to identify the 20 worst paying jobs for women in America.
The 20 jobs with the lowest pay equity between men and women range from first-line supervisors of food preparation and serving workers, a job in which the typical woman earns 72.8% of male earnings, to personal financial advisors, a job in which women earn 55.6% of what men in the same job are paid.
These are the 20 WORST paying jobs for women in America.
1. Personal financial advisors
2. Insurance sales agents
3. Physicians and surgeons
4. Real estate brokers and sales agents
5. Securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents
6. Marketing and sales managers
7. Administrative services managers
8. Sales representatives, services, all other
9. Other teachers and instructors
10. Financial managers
11. Credit counselors and loan officers
12. Inspectors, testers, sorters, samplers, and weighers
13. Retail salespersons
14. Property, real estate, and community association managers
15. Accountants and auditors
17. Lodging managers
18. Financial analysts
20. First-line supervisors of food preparation and serving workers