SÃO PAULO, Brazil – GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA, Brazil’s largest air transportation and travel services group, with annual revenues of R$10 billion, announces today preliminary air traffic figures for the month of July 2016 and the year-to-date. Comparisons refer to the same period of 2015.
• The volume of seats available for sale in the total system presented a 22.0% decrease in the month of July, when compared to July 2015. In the year to date, the decline was of 15.5% over the same period of 2015.
• The reduction of the volume of departures was 22.3% and 15.6% in the month and in 2016, respectively.
• The domestic capacity followed the adjustment trend with a reduction of 6.7% in July and 6.4% in the year to date, when compared to the same periods of 2015.
• The domestic demand fell by 6.8% in the month, leading the load factor to 84.3%, remaining stable in the previous year. In 2016, the load factor was 77.9%, with a decrease of 8.2% in demand when compared to the same period of 2015.
• In the international market in July, the capacity and demand fell by 16.7% and 17.9%, respectively, when compared to the same month in 2015. The load factor went to 75.4%, representing a decrease of 1.1 p.p. In the year to date, the capacity and the demand fell by 15.8% and 12.5%, respectively, leading to an increase of 2.8 p.p in the load factor when compared to the same period of the previous year, reaching 74.3%.