ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates – Residents in the United Arab Emirates can now apply for visas to Cyprus at a new visa application center launched in Abu Dhabi. The center was inaugurated by HE Mr Vasilis Polemitis, Ambassador of the Republic of Cyprus to the United Arab Emirates, on 06 April 2016.
Abu Dhabi is the second city in the United Arab Emirates, after Dubai, from where applicants can apply for a visa to Cyprus.
Both centres serve the growing needs of outbound travelers from the UAE. With Cyprus emerging as a popular travel destination, applicants will find the modern and professionally-staffed centers that have been set up in prime locations, as an added convenience when applying for their Cyprus visas.
The new center in Abu Dhabi is located at the Joint Visa Application Centre, Level 25, Shining Tower, King Khalid Bin Abdel Aziz, 26th Street, Abu Dhabi. Services at this location commenced from 06 April 2016.
Speaking about the launch, HE Mr Vasilis Polemitis, Ambassador of the Republic of Cyprus to the United Arab Emirates, said, “This new Visa Application Center in Abu Dhabi will offer another service option to travellers in the United Arab Emirates, in addition to our Visa Application Center in Dubai. Our aim is to offer a substantially better service-level for Cyprus visa applicants throughout the UAE, by offering increased accessibility and shorter handling times. We are hopeful that extending this service to Abu Dhabi, a crucial economic and travel hub, will further increase our exchange with this very important country”.
Added Mr Srinarayan Sankaran, COO – Middle East, VFS Global, “We are honoured to partner with the Government of the Republic of Cyprus to set up these centers that are aimed at providing added convenience and accessibility to UAE residents applying for a visa to Cyprus. We are confident these centers will help us achieve our common goal of making the visa procedure convenient and smooth, and will significantly contribute to the advancement of travel between Cyprus and the United Arab Emirates.”
The key features of the center include:
• Convenient and centrally-accessed location
• Professional staff with local language capability to handle queries and applications
• Well-appointed centre for enhanced comfort of applicants
• Automated queue governance for smooth flow of applicants
• Dedicated website for easy access to information including visa categories, requirements, check-list and applicable fees
• 100% secure handling of passports, documents and personal information
• Door-step delivery of passports
• Premium Lounge for personalised and comfortable service