BRUSSELS, Belgium – All Brussels will be in a festive mood the weekend of 7 and 8 May to celebrate the anniversary of the Brussels-Capital Region. Among the 200 free activities on offer during the weekend, the concerts on Brussels’ Place des Palais/Paleizenplein are always highly expected. They bring together a diversified crowd of people in a convivial atmosphere filled with music and good cheer.
Saturday night – Electro Night on Place des Palais/Paleizenplein
Saturday evening has become the not-to-be-missed electronic moment of the Iris Festival, for connoisseurs and amateurs alike. The concert, which will take place in the heart of Brussels on the Place des Palais/Paleizenplein, will again feature well-known electronic music stars from Belgium and abroad.
On the program:
1. 6:30 pm – Kenn Colt (BE – Deep house)
2. 8:00 pm – Kid Noize (BE – Electro Pop)
3. 9:30 pm – Quentin Mosimann (CH – Electro House / Progressive House)
4. 11:00 pm – Bassjackers (NL – House)
Sunday – The closing of the Iris Festival on the Place des Palais/Paleizenplein
New style for Sunday’s concerts with a relaxed afternoon and evening on Place des Palais/Paleizenplein. From 2:45 pm, the three winners of the “be on stage, be.brussels” contest will defend their musical colour, followed by three leading names from the world of music.
1. 2:45 pm – The three winners of the “be.on stage, be.brussels” contest (Votes can be entered for the online contest until 17 April on www.beonstage.irisfestival.brussels)
2. 6:30 pm – Charles Pasi (FR – Blues / Jazz)
3. 8:00 pm – Mustii (BE – Pop)
4. 9 :30 pm – Sinsémilia (FR – French Reggae)