PORTLAND, OR – Food and beverage are a crucial part of the traveler experience, and travelers are always seeking the next greatest food and beverage businesses, destinations and experiences.
One hundred percent of visitors to a destination must eat and drink. They can return home with memories of a chain hamburger and coffee, or they can return with memories of fantastic local food and drink experiences. They just need help identifying and even recognizing those experiences.
The 2016 FoodTrekking Awards is the world’s first global competition for recognition of excellence in food and beverage experiences for travelers.
Categories in this year’s competition include:
1. Best food or beverage destination
2. Best winery experience
3. Best beer experience
4. Best food or beverage tour operator
5. Best foodservice experience for travelers
Reviewing the applications is an international panel of expert judges:
• Steven Shomler, Journalist, Author, Radio Host (Portland, Oregon, USA)
• Gabriela Ibarra, destination marketer formerly with Visit Mexico (Guadalajara, Mexico)
• Livio Colapinto, Owner, Zest Food Tours (Italy)
• Benjamin Brown, Journalist and cruise industry expert (Las Vegas/Los Angeles, USA)
• Stephan Berrouet Durand, Chef, founder of Haitian Culinary Alliance, author (Haiti/New York City)
There will be one grand prize, a second, and third prize for each category (15 winners total this year). In addition to a physical prize, winners will receive tremendous global recognition for an entire year, and will be announced in the World Food Travel Association’s newsletter (24,000 readers), its Founder’s Blog, and on social media groups (13,000 followers), as well as in a dedicated press release to our curated in-house media list.