With the recent launch of www.farmersreview.co.uk, information-hungry farmers and agronomists all over the UK will now have an online hub they can go to 24 X 7 to find the most honest, reliable and clearly written reviews of all the key agricultural products they use. The website literally breaks new ground in harnessing the power of the web to collect, manage and publish the essential product facts farmers need to buy more judiciously and therefore, run their businesses more efficiently and profitably.
Having been in intensive development for almost 6 months www.farmersreview.co.uk went live in March. A member of the Farmers Review team said the concept at the core of the revolutionary new website is to provide the UK farming community with an unbiased platform where anyone professionally active in agriculture can voice his or her views on the products he or she has actually used, detailing the performance of those products. And then, all the contributor’s colleagues in the industry will be able to readily share those views any time day or night.
www.farmersreview.co.uk will acquire objective data from the trialing bodies, plus subjective observations from breeders, valuable growing experiences from farmers and BASIS qualified members. The aim is to arm farmers with the facts they need to make properly informed decisions, based on fact, before they buy the many products they need to use throughout the agricultural year. By using www.farmersreview.co.uk, they’ll know how these products have actually worked for others and be aware of how they are rated compared to competitive products in the marketplace.
The site is also structured to facilitate an exchange of views, an ongoing dialogue between farmers and breeders. Through www.farmersreview.co.uk farmers will be able to communicate openly and directly with the breeders, asking any technical questions they need answered on the varieties they already have or are planning to drill.
Currently, the site features wheat, barley, oilseed rape and a wide variety of other combinable crops. In the near future, www.farmersreview.co.uk plans to incorporate machinery and agchem reviews and manufacturer information. Over time, the site is projected to become the most extensive agricultural knowledge base of its type available in the world.
So, how can Farmers Review guarantee the authenticity of the material it provides? By enforcing an extremely strict code of practice to which all contributors are required to adhere:
• No review will be included unless the Farmers Review team has proven it to be unique, independent and above all, truthful.
• Reviews must only be written by users who have genuine experience with the product about which they are posting comments.
• Reviews will, as a prerequisite, be judged by the Farmers Review team as relevant to the product and providing the reader with helpful insight.
• Reviews must be non-commercial in nature, excluding promotion of either the product or the reviewer.
• Both positive and negative reviews will be featured.
• Once published, no review can be manipulated, altered or changed in any way.
• The Farmers Review team will constantly recheck the reviews and any transgressing the rules detailed above will immediately be removed.
In short, integrity is built into the fabric of Farmers Review. To get involved – and you could win £15.00 worth of Marks & Spencer vouchers for signing up – go to www.farmersreview.co.uk .