SEATTLE, Wash. – Windstar Cruises is now offering an exclusive golf and land tour add-on package, Legendary Links, where guests can play five world-famous courses across Scotland and Ireland on the new Gaelic Explorers voyage. Guests on board the August 24, 2013 cruise of Wind Surf, the largest of Windstar’s three sailing yachts, will have the opportunity to live out their golf fantasy on a 10-day vacation that spans from Edinburgh to Dublin. Fares for the Gaelic Explorers voyage start at $3,899 per person. The optional Legendary Links package, which also includes a two-night hotel stay in Edinburgh as well as two shore excursions, start at $2,995 per person.
A true golfer’s pilgrimage, players will enjoy the following courses:
• St. Andrews Jubilee – the first course played is at the legendary Home of Golf in Edinburgh, Scotland.
• Cruden Bay – a historical golf course that has been open since 1791 in Peterhead, Scotland.
• Struie at Royal Dornoch – the third course showcases the beauty of Scotland with a white, sandy beach and views of Dornoch Firth to Tain in Invergordan, Scotland.
• Dunluce at Royal Portush – Dunluce is overlooked by Dunlunce Castle and is laid out among giant sand dune, along the tops of cliffs and through valleys in Portrush, Ireland.
• Castletown – the last course to be played was laid out by golfing legend Mackenzie Rose in the late 20s and early 30s in Isle of Man, UK.
The Legendary Links package will tee-off with a Welcome Dinner and two-night stay at the beautiful Fairmont St. Andrews in Edinburgh. Throughout the cruise, golfers will also have the expertise and advice of an onboard golf pro. For days in port without a golf course, exclusive shore excursions are included. Other highlights of the package include a Gala Farewell and Awards Dinner the last night of the cruise, green fees and golf trolleys at the five courses and all transfers and porterage fees between the airport, hotel and port.
The 312-passenger Wind Surf will sail through Northern Europe giving guests the chance to sample the spirits and pubs of Dublin, view the sweeping beauty of Loch Ness and explore the ancient Castle and Royal Mile of Edinburgh. For guests looking to experience an intimate look at the culture surrounding the magical islands of Ireland and Scotland, the Gaelic Explorers Premiere Package is the perfect option. A ten-day land and cruise vacation, the add-on package includes exclusive shore excursions for every port, a two-night stay at the Fairmont St. Andrews and a Gala Farwell.