LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Ultra-luxe Crystal Cruises has been awarded eight Travel Weekly magazine Magellan Awards this year – the most of any luxury line. The esteemed industry honors for 2012 – which salute “the best in travel” — include six Gold and two Silver Awards for Crystal, in categories for design, marketing, and overall ship experience:
• Overall Mid-Sized Cruise Ship: Gold Awards—Both Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity
• Overall Luxury Cruise Ship: Silver Awards–Both Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity
• Luxury Ship Restaurant Design: Gold Award—Crystal Symphony’s Lido Cafe
• Cruise Industry Overall Advertising/Marketing Campaign: Gold Award—Begin a New Story
• Cruise Industry Print Advertising: Gold Award–Begin a New Story
• Cruise Industry Mobile App: Gold Award—The Storyteller
“To make the ‘World’s Best’ even better for our discerning guests, we’ve introduced dozens of product enhancements and invested more than $100 million over the last five and a half years in our Extreme (Ship) Makeovers — completely redesigning our guest staterooms, suites, and public spaces,” says Crystal President Gregg Michel. “It’s extremely gratifying to know our industry colleagues recognize we’re at the top of our league in so many varied ways.”
A judging panel comprised of travel industry professionals Peter Greenberg, Rudy Maxa, Burt Wolf, and others determined the winners. Travel Weekly will profile the winning entries in its October 15 issue.
The awards add to an already-large collection of ground-breaking honors bestowed upon the line just this year, including first-ever cruise industry design awards from Hospitality Design magazine and the Association of Retail Environments, as well as new acknowledgements as Conde Nast Traveler’s #1 and 2 medium-sized cruise ships, the 17th consecutive year as Travel + Leisure readers’ choice for the World’s Best Cruise Line, and, most recently, UK Conde Nast Traveller’s readers’ choice for Best Large-Ship Cruise Line and Best Service.