The ministère des Transports wishes to inform the population, as well as air carriers and operators, that access to airport installations is now controlled. This measure applies to flights to all airports (whether they are under provincial, federal or municipal jurisdiction, or private businesses) located in the eight regions where non-essential travel is restricted by the gouvernement du Québec. The restrictions aim to protect these regions from COVID-19.
Non-essential travel to and from the following eight regions is restricted: Bas-Saint-Laurent, Abitibi-Témiscamingue, Côte-Nord, Nord-du-Québec, Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean, Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine, Nunavik and Terres-Cries-de-la Baie-James.
Passengers should take note of the following instructions before going to any airport.
- The passenger must not exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, etc.).
2. The airline ticket must be booked beforehand.
3. Travel must be essential (for work in a service or business considered essential, for humanitarian or health reasons, etc.)
Passengers should contact their air carrier for any other questions. Private aircraft operators are expected to ensure that passengers comply with instructions 1 to 3.
During the pandemic
- The ministère des Transports (MTQ) continues its operations while actively keeping track of the evolution of the pandemic.
- The MTQ’s mission is to ensure the sustainable mobility of people and goods throughout the province using efficient and safe transportation systems that contribute to Québec’s development.
- The MTQ invites anyone who wishes to know more about COVID-19 to visit Québec.ca/coronavirus or call 1 877 644-4545.