MARIGOT, Saint Martin – The Saint Martin Tourist Office is pleased to report that the island has sustained only minimal damage from hurricane Earl that passed 30 miles north of the island on Monday, August 30, 2010.
– There are no reports of injuries or structural damage.
– Hotel properties report no serious damages and that all visitors are safe and have returned to vacation activities.
– Efforts to clean up debris and downed trees are underway and all roads are clear.
– All businesses are open.
– Both Princess Juliana International Airport on the Dutch side and Aéroport de Grand Case on the French side reopened Tuesday, August 31, and traffic is back to normal.
– Both Port de Galisbay on the French side and Dr. A.C. Wathey Cruise Pier on the Dutch side are conducting business as usual.
Ida Zin Ka Ieu, president of the St. Martin Tourism Office expressed gratitude and relief that everyone was safe and that damages were minimal.