America’s Premier Shopping Places, is a unique collection of tourism-oriented shopping centers located throughout the U.S.A. These renowned centers draw millions of visitors from around the world each year to experience the unique culture, history, flavor and heritage of America’s metropolitan cities and vacation destinations, while enjoying the popular travel activities of shopping and dining. This summer, travelers can enjoy a myriad of colorful events, exhibitions and celebrations at many of America’s Premier Shopping Places including the following:
Happy Birthday America!
• Celebrate July 4th at Bayside Marketplace in Miami with live music at the waterfront Marina Stage and one of Miami’s largest fireworks displays! A variety of Miami’s best local bands will perform live throughout the day and into the night until the sky lights up with a spectacular fireworks display set to an All-American musical score! Further information at www.baysidemarketplace.com
• Harborplace is celebrating its 30th birthday with the perfect location to watch the skies over Baltimore’s Inner Harbor light up with the city’s traditional fireworks spectacular. The celebration starts at 2pm with musical performances including Lovecraft, a local jazz band followed by the US Naval Academy Band Electric Brigade. www.harborplace.com/events/harborplaces-30th-anniversary
• For 14 years, Ala Moana Center in Honolulu has brought the people of Hawaii the grandest fireworks display in the state. Visitors will enjoy this weekend tradition of family fun, 20% savings, live music and our fireworks spectacular. www.alamoanacenter.com/centerevents.htm
Concerts Across America
• Bayside Marketplace provides visitors with the sounds of Miami most afternoons and evenings throughout the summer. For a complete concert schedule www.baysidemarketplace.com/events/june-entertainment-schedule
• Harborplace celebrates its 30th birthday with its Lunchbreak concert series and its Summer in the City concert series every Saturday through Labor Day weekend. For a complete schedule visit www.harborplace.com/events
• When visiting San Antonio, be sure to send clients to The Falls at The Shops at La Cantera August 21, 28 and September 4th to enjoy their Summer Jazz Concerts. While Texas offers tax-free shopping to international visitors all year long, domestic travelers can get in on the fun and savings during Texas Tax Free weekend August 20-22nd! www.theshopsatlacantera.com
• Gardens of The Magnificent Mile celebrates all things summer in Chicago with a free concert series featuring top musical artists set among beautiful blooming gardens. Located just steps from fabulous shopping and dining at the Water Tower Shops. www.themagnificentmile.com/events/
Exhibitions, Events & Entertainment
• Sundays in July have gone to the dogs as Village of Merrick Park, located in Coral Gables Florida, celebrates man’s best friend with The Doggy Days of Summer event series. The series runs Sundays July 11, 18 and 25th with a Pooch-A-Palooza of doggy centric action including a dog parade, photo opportunities, special treats and store promotions from participating restaurants and shops. Visitors are encouraged to bring along their dogs and dine al fresco at one of Village of Merrick Park’s many dog-friendly restaurants. www.villageofmerrickpark.com/events
• Broadway in Chicago and Water Tower Place are proud to announce the addition of a new theatre venue, the Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place. The space, formerly known as the Drury Lane at Water Tower Place will debut with TRACES, beginning October 26, 2010, which combines awe-inspiring acrobatic training with infectious urban energy to deliver a thrill-a-minute show that leaves audiences begging for more! Groups of 15 or more call 312-977-1710. www.americaspremiershoppingplaces.com/apsp/travel-pros/media.html
• South Street Seaport in NYC, is pleased to present TIGERS THE EXHIBITION: Tracking A Legend. This exhilarating, high-tech, hands-on explorations into the compelling world of the awe-inspiring tiget and its habitat, will change the way visitors see tigers forever and leave a lasting imporession on people of all ages. Information and tickets available at www.tigersnyc.com Group reservations call 1-800-840-1157.
• There’s always something happening in Las Vegas! Part of the charm of The Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian is the “Streetmosphere” created by an international roster of classically trained singers, actors and musicians. In addition, after a wonderful day of shopping, visitors can relax, take in the beautiful Venetian architecture and enjoy a serenade by classically-trained singing gondoliers while floating in an authentic Italian-style gondola. At Fashion Show, the center brings fashion to life with weekend runway shows that feature the center’s many designer retailers and signature brands. The shows run on Friday, Saturday and Sunday every hour on the hour from Noon to 6:00pm in The Great Hall. www.thegrandcanalshoppes.com and www.thefashionshow.com
• Ala Moana Center’s Centerstage features over 500 performances a year in Honolulu
including the weekly Keiki Hula Show on Sunday morning. Enjoy free entertainment by local groups as well as visiting national and international entertainers. www.alamoanacenter.com/happenings.html
America’s Premier Shopping Places is an award-winning branded collection of tourism-oriented shopping centers located throughout the United States which are owned and/or managed by General Growth Properties, Inc. The centers are located in the heart of America’s best-loved cities as well as along America’s scenic highways and byways, attracting millions of visitors annually from around the world. For a complete listing of destinations and further information, along with high-resolution photos, visit www.americasshoppingplaces.com or contact Kathy Anderson, Travel & Tourism Manager at [email protected].
General Growth Properties, Inc. is the second largest U.S.-based publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT) based upon market capitalization. General Growth has ownership interest or management responsibility for a portfolio of more than 200 regional shopping malls in 45 states, as well as ownership interest in master-planned community developments and commercial office centers. General Growth’s international portfolio includes ownership and management interest in shopping centers in Brazil and Turkey. The Company’s portfolio totals approximately 200 million square feet and includes more than 24,000 retail stores nationwide. General Growth Properties, Inc. is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GGP. For more information, please visit www.ggp.com