A 6.6 magnitude earthquake struck Vanuatu at 18:06:36 UTC today, January 15, 2019.
The quake was located off-shore 104.9 km (65.1 miles) WNW of Sola, the capital village of Torba Province in Vanuatu on the island of Vanua Lava.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center reports there is no tsunami threat to Hawai‘i Island.
There have been no reports of damages or injuries.
- 104.9 km (65.1 mi) WNW of Sola, Vanuatu
- 239.5 km (148.5 mi) NNW of Luganville, Vanuatu
- 509.7 km (316.0 mi) NNW of Port-Vila, Vanuatu
- 834.0 km (517.1 mi) N of W, New Caledonia
- 858.5 km (532.3 mi) ESE of Honiara, Solomon Islands