An earthquake measuring 7.2-magnitude on the Richter scale and causing a local tsunami alarm struck southern Philippines island of Mindanao on Saturday. It was later downgraded to 6.9. No danger for a tsunami is likely for the rest of the Pacific Ocean.
The quake was recorded at 03:39 GMT, 101 kilometers or 62.7 miles to the southeast of the Pundaguitan coastal area.
- 84.5 km (52.4 mi) SE of Pondaguitan, Philippines
- 128.8 km (79.8 mi) E of Caburan, Philippines
- 131.3 km (81.4 mi) SSE of Mati, Philippines
- 139.1 km (86.2 mi) SE of Lupon, Philippines
- 183.1 km (113.5 mi) SE of Davao, Philippines
There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) said. The fatality and damage rating was green, what is expected not to be significant.
The quake struck 193 km east of the city of General Santos, the USGS said.i.