12 people sick from carbon monoxide leak at The Westin Nashville hotel

Read us | Listen to us | Watch us |Events| Subscribe | Our Social Media|


Afrikaans Afrikaans Albanian Albanian Amharic Amharic Arabic Arabic Armenian Armenian Azerbaijani Azerbaijani Basque Basque Belarusian Belarusian Bengali Bengali Bosnian Bosnian Bulgarian Bulgarian Cebuano Cebuano Chichewa Chichewa Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Simplified) Corsican Corsican Croatian Croatian Czech Czech Dutch Dutch English English Esperanto Esperanto Estonian Estonian Filipino Filipino Finnish Finnish French French Frisian Frisian Galician Galician Georgian Georgian German German Greek Greek Gujarati Gujarati Haitian Creole Haitian Creole Hausa Hausa Hawaiian Hawaiian Hebrew Hebrew Hindi Hindi Hmong Hmong Hungarian Hungarian Icelandic Icelandic Igbo Igbo Indonesian Indonesian Italian Italian Japanese Japanese Javanese Javanese Kannada Kannada Kazakh Kazakh Khmer Khmer Korean Korean Kurdish (Kurmanji) Kurdish (Kurmanji) Kyrgyz Kyrgyz Lao Lao Latin Latin Latvian Latvian Lithuanian Lithuanian Luxembourgish Luxembourgish Macedonian Macedonian Malagasy Malagasy Malay Malay Malayalam Malayalam Maltese Maltese Maori Maori Marathi Marathi Mongolian Mongolian Myanmar (Burmese) Myanmar (Burmese) Nepali Nepali Norwegian Norwegian Pashto Pashto Persian Persian Polish Polish Portuguese Portuguese Punjabi Punjabi Romanian Romanian Russian Russian Samoan Samoan Scottish Gaelic Scottish Gaelic Serbian Serbian Sesotho Sesotho Shona Shona Sindhi Sindhi Sinhala Sinhala Slovak Slovak Slovenian Slovenian Somali Somali Spanish Spanish Sudanese Sudanese Swahili Swahili Swedish Swedish Tajik Tajik Tamil Tamil Thai Thai Turkish Turkish Ukrainian Ukrainian Urdu Urdu Uzbek Uzbek Vietnamese Vietnamese Xhosa Xhosa Yiddish Yiddish Zulu Zulu
carbon-monoxide
carbon-monoxide
Written by editor

According to the Nashville Fire Department, 6 of 12 victims were transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center this morning due to carbon monoxide poisoning that occurred at The Westin Nashville hotel in downtown Nashville, Tennessee.

The emergency call came in at 6:45 a.m. after several people who were working out on the third floor became sick. The incident was isolated to the third floor of the hotel, which houses a workout area, a swimming pool, and several offices.

When the fire department arrived, four of the victims were already outside. The others were found on the third floor.

Nashville Fire Department spokesman Joseph Pleasant said the reading on the third floor showed a level of 500 ppm. He acknowledged it could be higher than that, but that’s as far as their tools can measure. For comparison, a normal reading is 35 ppm.

He added that they have not found any carbon monoxide detectors on the third floor, but it may not be required by building codes.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
>