HONOLULU, HI – Extending Hawaii’s reach into Asia’s meetings and incentives market, the Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB) is now offering translated online meeting planner guides about the islands for organizations based in Japan, Korea, China, and Taiwan. Available at http://www.businessaloha.com/, HVCB’s Meeting, Incentive, Convention Exhibitor Magazine is a comprehensive one-stop shopping resource of Hawaii accommodations and meeting facilities, activities, products, and services offered statewide for group events. Like its companion printed version, the foreign language online guides are customized to address the meeting needs of organizations in each of the four Asian countries and includes vital information regarding visa, customs, and shipping policies for events in Hawaii.
“Our new online guides are a fast, convenient, and efficient way for planners and groups in Asia to see everything Hawaii offers in creating a successful meetings experience,” said Michael Murray, CMP, CMM, CASE, vice president of sales and marketing for HVCB’s corporate meetings and incentives division. “Interest in Hawaii as a business meetings destination has been steadily increasing from Asia, and these online tools will help us develop new sales opportunities.”
As the “Crossroads of the Pacific,” Hawaii is ideally positioned from a geographic, facilities, and cultural standpoint to host meetings between groups in Asia and North America having mutual business interests. “Hawaii stands out as a global gathering place that’s perfect for companies and associations wanting to strengthen their ties with their business counterparts on the other side of the Pacific,” said Murray. HVCB’s English version of the Hawaii meeting planner guide is also available online. Also translated into the four Asian languages at http://www.businessaloha.com/ is HVCB’s Added Value Resource Center, which features seven program initiatives (see list that follows) that planners and groups can utilize to make meetings in Hawaii more affordable.
– Hot Rates, Hot Dates! provides special savings on accommodations and activities at resorts statewide through 2010.
– Hawaii Value-Added offers meeting attendees special savings on retail goods and activities in partnership with the Retail Merchants of Hawaii and Activities and Attractions Association of Hawaii.
– DMC Special Offer lets planners utilize a variety of services by destination management companies (DMC) for free or at discounted rates.
– Hawaii Booking Advantage allows groups with a booked or planned meeting, and minimum 10 peak hotel room nights, to select a complimentary product or service from a participating HVCB member.
– Hawaii Free lists more than 125 activities to enjoy for free that can be incorporated into meeting itineraries to save on costs.
– Hawaii Speakers Bureau is a listing of elite Hawaii-based leaders that can share their expertise on various subjects, including medicine, scientific research, technology, and Asian affairs.
– Green Hawaii provides an island-by-island listing of eco-friendly programs initiated by resorts and activity providers.
“Groups from Asia will find these value-added and incentive-laden programs very beneficial in making Hawaii even more rewarding for business meetings, especially in the current economic environment. Groups in North America are using these initiatives to great effect, and our Asia friends will enjoy the same value,” said Murray.