Do you enjoy drawing and designing? Pacific Whale Foundation invites you to submit your artistic design concepts for the official commemorative T-shirt that will be created for the Maui Whale Festival, which will be held throughout the month of February in 2010.
The person who submits the winning design will receive a US$300 gift certificate to Pacific Whale Foundation’s Ocean Store (found online at www.pacificwhale.org and also at 612 Front Street, Lahaina, or at the Harbor Shops at Maalaea).
“Our 2010 Maui Whale Festival will include our 30th Annual Whale Day Celebration, which will take place on Saturday, February 20,” said Ashley Justice, event coordinator. “This is a big anniversary for us, and we want a very special T-shirt to help commemorate it.”
The design from the 2009 Maui Whale Festival is shown in the photo.
June Freiwald, Pacific Whale Foundation’s retail manager, said that everyone is invited to submit design concepts, whether or not they are artists or graphic designers. “Do your best and sketch out what you think would be a great T-shirt design for the festival,” she said. “We are looking for original and eye-catching ideas.”
Design concepts for the Maui Whale Festival T-shirt should be mailed to Pacific Whale Foundation, Maui Whale Festival T-shirt Contest, 300 Maalaea Road, Suite 211, Wailuku, HI 96793. You may also email your entry to [email protected] The deadline for entries is August 10, 2009. Entries and artwork will not be returned. A complete set of guidelines and contest rules is included below.
The Maui Whale Festival also includes a Run for the Whales, to be held on Saturday, February 6, 2010; the Great Whale Count on Saturday, February 27, 2010; and Maui’s Parade of Whales on Saturday, February 20, plus free talks about whales, special cruises, and more.
Pacific Whale Foundation hosts the Maui Whale Festival each year to honor the humpback whales that come to Maui each year to mate, give birth, and care for their young calves. To learn more and to view photos of the festival, visit www.mauiwhalefestival.org.
GUIDELINES FOR THE MAUI WHALE FESTIVAL T-SHIRT DESIGN
* Must include a design that expresses Pacific Whale Foundation’s goals of research, conservation and education
* Must include a design that incorporates elements of the humpback whale
* Must be iconic of Pacific Whale Foundation and its mission
* Must have a modern look and feel
* Must NOT be a recreation of a past or current Whale Day T-shirt design or other Pacific Whale Foundation logo wear designs
* Must include the Pacific Whale Foundation logo
COMPLETE OFFICIAL RULES
1. How to enter: Pacific Whale Foundation’s “Design the 2010 Maui Whale Festival T-shirt” Contest (“Contest”) begins at 9:00 p.m. (Eastern Time [“PST”]) on April 1, 2008 and ends at 6:00p.m. (PST) on August 10, 2009 (“Contest Period”).
Participants are asked to design a practical design for the next Maui Whale Festival T-shirt. Submit your original design during the Contest Period to: Pacific Whale Foundation, ATTN:Maui Whale Festival T-shirt Contest, 300 Maalaea Road, Suite 211, Wailuku, HI 96793. Each design should include entrant’s full name, age, address, e-mail, phone number, and design. The design must include the following: utilities/materials used, photographer name if using a photo, and all other pertinent information. Participants may submit multiple entries. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate or postage due entries. Entries must be postmarked by August 10, 2009. Pacific Whale Foundation (“Sponsor”) will veri fy receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
2. Eligibility: To enter the Contest you must be a lawful permanent resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and be 10 years of age or older. Contest is void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths, and where restricted or prohibited by law. The Contest, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States. The Contest is not open to employees, or members of their households and/or immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of Pacific Whale Foundation, participating affiliates, participating retailers, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and any other minor sponsors (collectively, the “Contest Entities”). The Contest is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. Winning/Notification: All entries will be received and reviewed by a panel of judges from Pacific Whale Foundation. Entries will be judged on the following weighted basis:
Creativity/Originality – 50%
Artistic Design – 50%
Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone and/or overnight mail delivery before December 1, 2009. In the event a prize notification letter or a prize is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected from among all remaining eligible entries received based on the entrant with the next highest score. Selection will not be random.
1. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize Winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) shall win a gift certificate for $300 towards Pacific Whale Foundation’s retail store (includes online store). Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Grand Prize Package: $300. Taxes, gratuities and other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
2. Prize Conditions: Potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”), to be signed and returned within 7 days of notification date. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner shall be selected. If prizes or prize notifications are returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of the respective prize winner. Except where prohibited by law, a winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use said Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. All prizes will be awarded, but Pacific Whale Foundation reserves the right to use the winning entry in concept only, in modified form or not to use the winning entry as the actual 2010 Maui Whale Festival T-shirt design.
1. Contest Conditions: All Entries submitted must be the original creation of the entrant, must be in English, and cannot have been previously published in any medium or submitted in any other competition. Entries must design that expresses Pacific Whale Foundation’s goals of research, conservation and education. 2010 Maui Whale Festival T-shirt Design must be iconic of Pacific Whale Foundation and its mission, Must include a design that incorporates elements of the humpback whale, must not be a recreation of a past or current, Whale Day T-shirt design or other Pacific Whale Foundation logo wear designs, and designs must include the Pacific Whale Foundation logo. By submitting an Entry, entrant represents and warrants that the Entry submitted is the original creation of the entrant, has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work, has never been previously published, does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any pers on or entity, and is the sole and exclusive property of the entrant.
The winner must also complete all legal documents that may be required by Sponsor/Pacific Whale Foundation (including, but not limited to contracts, releases, transfers of rights in and to the t-shirt design and other elements of an entrants submission) and return them to Sponsor within five (5) days after receipt of such documents. Noncompliance will result in disqualification of the winner and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries.
Entries/Designs become the property of Pacific Whale Foundation, cannot be returned, and may be deemed a “promotional tool” of Pacific Whale Foundation under US copyright law. By entering the contest, entrant waives any and all rights he or she may have to their design. To the extent entrant has any rights in the design, entrant assigns all such rights to Pacific Whale Foundation by entering the contest. Entrant further agrees that Pacific Whale Foundation shall be the exclusive owner of the design, including all copyrights and trademarks, and Pacific Whale Foundation or their assigned agent(s), will have the right to reproduce, publish, adapt, modify and/or revise the design, in its sole discretion, in any manner or form throughout the world, in perpetuity. Entries void if forged or if obtained/submitted outside authorized channels.
By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Winner and entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest.
This contest is subject to all applicable Federal and Municipal laws and all State and local regulations. This offer is void where prohibited and/or restricted by law.
1. Limitations of Liability: Contest Entities are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incorrectly addressed, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, destroyed, or postage-due mailed entries. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt in any way or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the promotion, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select a winner by randomly drawing from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date.
2. Sponsor: Pacific Whale Foundation, 300 Maalaea Road, Suite 211, Wailuku, HI 96793
3. Contest Administrator: Pacific Whale Foundation, 300 Maalaea Road, Suite 211, Wailuku, HI 96793
Buy perfect Mens T Shirts as a gift.