A massive 8.0 earthquake, originally reported as a 7.6 magnitude, struck off of Honduras, approximately 152 miles north of Puerto Lempira less than 2 hours ago at 02:51 UTC on January 10, 2018.
This is the largest earthquake in decades to strike in the Caribbean on the Cayman trench.
A tsunami watch has been issued for Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands due to the size of the quake.
So far there have been no reports of damages or injuries.
The quakes was registered at a depth of 10 km.
• 201.9 km (125.2 mi) NNE of Barra Patuca, Honduras
• 245.2 km (152.0 mi) N of Puerto Lempira, Honduras
• 303.1 km (187.9 mi) SW of George Town, Cayman Islands
• 305.7 km (189.5 mi) SW of West Bay, Cayman Islands
• 312.0 km (193.4 mi) SW of Bodden Town, Cayman Islands