Alaska Airlines announced today that the company has signed an agreement to become the official airline of the San Francisco Giants for the next seven years, extending the partnership that Virgin America established with the organization in 2008. To celebrate this partnership and Alaska’s commitment to the Bay Area, the company unveiled the design for an Airbus 321 featuring the Giants logo and team colors that will begin flying early next year.
“Our commitment to San Francisco and our Bay Area employees has never been stronger and, as part of that, we’re thrilled to extend the Giants sponsorship for the next seven years,” said Andrew Harrison, chief commercial officer at Alaska Airlines. “As the official airline of the Giants, we look forward to supporting both the organization and fans at the airport and on the field for many years to come.”
“The Giants are grateful to Alaska for recognizing the value we built through our partnership with Virgin America in serving both our baseball fans and airline passengers over the past ten years. We look forward to working with the great people at Alaska to continue enhancing our customers’ experiences both at the park and on the plane through our new and expanded partnership,” said Jason Pearl, Giants senior vice president of partnerships and business development.
The extended partnership features several cobranded elements which will be introduced over the next several months leading into the 2018 season. They include:
• An Alaska Airlines customized suite located in AT&T Park’s right field with views of McCovey Cove;
• The naming rights to the AT&T Park Club Level which will be called the “Alaska Airlines Club Level” and be updated to combine the look and feel of the airline with the premium level experiences Giants fans have appreciated on this level of the ballpark; and
• The new Giants-themed Airbus 321, operated by Virgin America, will feature the iconic Golden Gate bridge in orange across the fuselage with the orange and black Giants logo above the wing and a large black “SF” on the back section of the fuselage.
The Alaska/Giants partnership will also feature many fan-friendly components including:
• Alaska in-flight Giants offers;
• Special vacation packages for Giants fans through the Giants Vacations program;
• Alaska serving as the presenting partner for the Giant Races, which are a series of foot races that include events such as a Half Marathon, 10k, 5k and Kids Race/Family Relay, held in Scottsdale, Sacramento, San Jose and San Francisco and benefit local community groups;
• Continuation of the highly popular “Two-For-One” Flight Voucher event for the first 40,000 Giants fans attending a Giants home game each season. The first “Two-For-One” event will be this coming Sunday, Sept. 17; and
• Alaska will launch a seasonal, twice daily flight from San Francisco to Phoenix, Arizona for Giants fans to attend Spring Training in 2018. The flight schedule is being finalized and tickets will go on sale later this year.
Another important element of this partnership will be the collaboration and support of both Alaska Airlines and the Giants on important community initiatives and programs focused on youth and education throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.