WestJet today announced it will become the first Canadian carrier featuring non-stop service between Calgary International Airport (YYC) and Nashville’s Metropolitan Nashville Airport (BNA). The twice-weekly route starts May 4.
“WestJet continues to boost our flight network out of our Calgary hub,” said Brian Znotins, WestJet Vice-President Network Planning, Alliances and Corporate Development.
“Nashville is known for its extensive list of concerts, events and landmarks. Just as the route out of Toronto has been embraced, we expect that Western Canadians will be thrilled to have the only non-stop access from Calgary to one of the most popular and happening cities in the U.S. WestJet once again offers our guests choice, convenience and low fares while travelling on Canada’s most trusted and caring airline this summer.”
“Today’s announcement marks Nashville’s first non-stop flight to Calgary and our second non-stop Canadian destination,” said Rob Wigington, president and CEO of the Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority. “WestJet started direct-to-Toronto service less than a year ago, and we’re excited they’ve decided to bring even more international service to Nashville.”
“With Nashville being home to many musical friends and my investment in the NHL’s Predators, I truly welcome the new, non-stop service from Calgary”, said W. Brett Wilson, Calgary philanthropist and businessman. “I have been a dedicated WestJet flyer since their launch in 1996 and I’m a huge fan of their caring customer service.
I’ll be on that first flight to one of North America’s great cities!”
WestJet began service to Nashville from Toronto in 2016 and currently flies six times weekly on WestJet Encore. Flights from Calgary to Nashville will be operated on WestJet’s Boeing 737 aircraft featuring the enhanced Plus product and WestJet Connect, WestJet’s inflight entertainment system accessed directly through smartphones, tablets or computers. Guests on WestJet Connect aircraft can enjoy more than 500 hours of free entertainment, as well as the ability to purchase high-speed Internet packages. Almost 75 percent of WestJet’s Boeing fleet is now equipped with WestJet Connect.
All flights allow WestJet Rewards members the opportunity to earn WestJet dollars to be used towards the payment of a WestJet-marketed flight or a WestJet Vacations package (excluding taxes, fees and charges).
Details of WestJet’s new route:
Route Frequency Departing Arriving Effective
Calgary – Nashville Twice weekly 10:00 a.m. 2:45 p.m. May 4, 2017
Nashville – Calgary Twice weekly 3:40 p.m. 6:50 p.m. May 4, 2017
As part of its 2017 summer schedule, which was also announced today, WestJet also revealed another new seasonal route between Halifax and Gander, as well as dozens of new flights. The flights will give Canadian travellers more competitively priced options when flying during the peak summer season.
Highlights of WestJet’s 2017 summer schedule include:
• New non-stop twice-weekly service from Calgary to Nashville, Tennessee
• New non-stop daily service from Halifax to Gander, Newfoundland
• Additional flights from Toronto to a number of Canadian and international destinations including Orlando, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Montreal and Moncton.
• An increase of four new weekly flights between Vancouver and Hamilton, as well as the addition of a daily flight to San Francisco.
• Service from Calgary will increase with six additional weekly flights to Toronto, and the addition of a once daily flight to both Winnipeg and Regina.
• Service from Edmonton to Kelowna will increase by 12 weekly flights and by one additional weekly flight to Las Vegas.
• Service from Kelowna to Winnipeg will increase by one weekly flight for a total for four times weekly.
• Extension of existing winter service increases through the summer, including six daily flights between Vancouver and Kelowna, and five daily flights from Vancouver to Prince George.
This summer WestJet will operate an average of 679 daily flights to 86 destinations including 39 in Canada, 21 in the United States, 23 in Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America and three in Europe.