Over 5,000 18-35 year olds around the world were recently polled to discover what motivates them to travel and create the The No Regrets List, the top 20 bucket list travel experiences for 2017.
According to the study, 71 percent of U.S. millennials and post-millennials, view experiences as the most important thing in their lives – which is why the top 20 places on their bucket lists aren’t just destinations, they’re experiences. Bathing in Iceland’s Blue Lagoon tops the list as the most desired travel experience for 2017, followed by seeing the Great Pyramids of Giza and walking the Great Wall of China.
The research delves into the key motivators of young people, citing that more than half view learning about other cultures and appreciating natural beauty as the most motivating reasons to travel. The majority of their travel decisions are largely influenced by their desire to have authentic social experiences (75%), followed by cultural (61%) and culinary (61%) experiences.
THE TOP 20 TRAVEL EXPERIENCES FOR 18-35 YEAR OLDS IN 2017 INCLUDE:
1. Bathe in Iceland’s Blue Lagoon
2. See the Great Pyramids of Giza
3. Walk the Great Wall of China
4. Chill out on the beach in Byron Bay
5. Learn how to make pizza in Italy
6. Road trip down route 66
7. Float on a gondola through the canals of Venice
8. Kiss someone at the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
9. Watch sea turtles lay their eggs in Costa Rica
10. Go on a picnic in the French countryside
11. Party in Las Vegas
12. Visit Yosemite National Park in the USA
13. Watch the sunrise over the Ayers Rock in Australia
14. Snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef in Australia
15. See the Mona Lisa at the Louvre in Paris
16. Try all of the gelato in Rome
17. Explore the Grand Canyon by helicopter
18. Cuddle a Koala in Queensland
19. Zip line through the rainforest in Costa Rica
20. Ride a bike through Amsterdam