With great sadness eTN received initial reports that the SKAL Asian Area President Marco Battistotti was involved in a fatal accident early this Saturday morning on his way to Kuala Lumpur. He was on his beloved scooter.
eTN Thailand correspondence and personal friend Andrew Wood said: “I am so sorry to say that Marco has passed away, killed instantly.
We are all in shock. Very sad news indeed. A friend, great hotelier, Skål Asian President and a polite and caring Italian gentleman.”
“Marco was a great leader and hotel professional. He managed his teams with great people skills. Marco had excellent communication and analytical skills. He was dedicated, committed and enthusiastic in his work.”
Marco served on the Malaysian Association of Hotels as a Board Member.
During his career he worked at leading hotels all over the globe and was
currently Vice President of Operations at Ri-Yaz Hotels & Resorts
Prior to this his positioned included:
– Group General Manager Hatten Group, Malacca Hatten Group
– Group Director of Operations, Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa
– General Manager, Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi
– General Manager, g Hotel, Penang
– Hotel Manager, Le Meridien Singapore, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
– General Manager, Makadi Bay Resort & Coral Bay, Sharm El Sheik, Egypt
– E.A.M. F&B Corinthia Bab Africa, Tripoli, Lybia
– E.A.M. Abuja Sheraton, Nigeria, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide,
– Resident Manager, Westin Malta, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide,
-Hotel Manager, Sheraton Porto Cervo, Costa Smeralda, Italy
– Deputy General Manager, St. James’s Club, London
The entire eTN team offers our sincere condolences, thoughts and prayers to all Marco’s family and friends.