NEW YORK, NY – Recognized as the host hotel for the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania is off and running as they begin planning for another successful year of hosting all canine hopefuls taking part in the 140th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show on February 15th and 16th, 2016. The World’s Most ‘Pup-ular’ Hotel will once again be offering exclusive services and amenities that make it the ‘Top Dog’ of hotels.
The Groups, Junior Showmanship Finals and important Best In Show will be held at Madison Square Garden, directly across the street from Hotel Pennsylvania. Only the Breed judging and benching will take place at Piers 92/94. The Westminster Kennel Club has arranged exclusive shuttle buses to transport exhibitors, guests and spectators directly from Hotel Pennsylvania to Piers 92/94 throughout each day.
“As always, we are ‘paws’itively excited to be welcoming all Westminster VIP’s (Very Important Pooches),” said Gene Nicotra, General Manager/All Dogs’ Best Friend at New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania. “Our ‘paw’fect location and exclusive ‘paw’menities are a treat for Westminster hopefuls and fans alike.”
New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania is the only hotel for Westminster competitors and they know it. From hosting ‘pup’tual Westminster wedding ceremonies to press conferences, the ‘Five-Paw’ hotel always goes the extra mile. To prepare for this special event, the hotel is setting up a variety of onsite features to coincide with the Show exclusively for guests, including:
– The improved Room To Groom S’paw’, the largest in-door doggie spa in all of New York, which offers canines everything they need to get ready: bathing tubs, dog grooming area, exercise/fitness area, and an in-house relieving area.
– Direct shuttle bus service exclusively for Dog Show exhibitors and spectators from the Hotel to Piers 92/94 each day (courtesy of Westminster).
– A live Westminster Kennel Club broadcast satellite feed from the Hotel’s Lobby.
– A welcome package and treats for Westminster guests.
– The Progressive Dog Club events.
– A live three-hour radio broadcast of Talkin’ Pets with Jon Patch.
– The 2016 Dog Writers Association of America Banquet.
– Exclusive on-site Doggie Concierge will be attending to all canine requirements (‘pup’arazzi interviews, hotel tours).
Westminster is the oldest, continuous sporting event in America, with the exception of the Kentucky Derby. The Dog Show is the most prestigious of National Dog Shows and has been held every year despite power shortages, hazardous weather conditions, economic depressions and World Wars.