WTM Africa 2015 has signed up a number of new exhibitors from across the continent to cement its position as the event which promotes Africa to the world and brings the world to Africa.
WTM Africa 2015 will take place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre from April 15-17. After the success of the last year’s inaugural event, WTM Africa 2015 has been expanded by one day and will take place over three days.
New exhibitors from across the region include:
• Boogie Pilgrim – a inbound tour operator based in Madagascar offering sustainably-sourced tailor-made adventure trips all over the island including mountain bikes, rafting and hiking
• Cresta Hotels – promoting its Mowana Safari Resort & Spa in Chobe, Botswana and its Cresta Sprayview hotel in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
• Gosheni Safari & Travels – a Tanzania-based safari specialist offering upmarket and budget options for tours across the region
• Namibia Travel Connection – based in Namibia and offering packages across Southern Africa, its focus is on tailor-made fly-in, self-drive and guided safaris
• Sea Cliff Resort & Spa Zanzibar – a luxury hotel with conference facilities, home to the first nine-hole, 18-tee golf course on the island.
In addition to the extra day, WTM Africa 2015 will also be bigger, with the exhibition floor increased by a massive 50%.
The events program will also be expanded to include the International Conference on Responsible Tourism in Destinations.
The second WTM Africa is one of three events that make up Reed Travel Exhibition’s Africa Travel Week, with IBTM Africa and ILTM Africa taking place on April 13-15.
Last year, exhibitors secured business worth $314 million (£189 million) as a result of attending WTM Africa.
Thebe Reed Exhibitions, Managing Director, Carol Weaving, said: “Reaction to the inaugural WTM Africa was overwhelmingly positive and we fully expect an even more successful event this year. The extra day will give buyers and exhibitors even more opportunities to negotiate and conclude business deals, which should see 2015 surpass the inaugural event’s impressive $314 million facilitated.”
ETurboNews is a media partner for World Travel Market (WTM).